Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Echoes in Winginamen

The sounds are bouncing off the walls. Most of the furniture is gone. (OK, there is still a couch and chair, two desks and a hide-a-bed couch.) The movers came last week and got it all packed up in two days. It all got put into a 40-foot container and hopefully by now has left Hoboken and is somewhere on the seas going East.

Adriel came up this last weekend to go through her things and her and Belinda helped me organize and pack up the basement. There is still a Belinda's, Harland's, Warick's and Adriel's space downstairs. Someday you all get to come and get your stuff and as Adriel said: "I guess we'll get to go through your stuff after you die and then we'll get rid of it all." I guess that just about sums it all up.

Belinda came by tonight and took her last load to her apartment. She may be back to return some of her things and put them in the basement too. There are three girls in that two bedroom apartment. We'll see.

David went to the city of Rotterdam today to register and sign our new lease. It looks like its going through. He attended our new ward for the second time on Sunday, Rotterdam First, and found out that they have language classes on Tuesday and Thursday. That is where he is tonight. The house will be available on the first of April. Harland and David went and saw the house together a couple of weeks ago. This was from the bus stop.




As for me... Well, the house is very quite tonight. Belinda has taken Steiger to her place.
Adriel and I took Bingham over to Jennifer McClurg's place on Sunday. Jennifer informed me today that Bing has been meowing all over the place and actually woke up her son, Christopher. He is eating and gazing lovingly at the birds outside, so I am sure he will be fine.


So I guess I'll call it quits and begin to retire for the day. Tomorrow will come soon enough when I again will hear my footsteps echoing through the rooms. I think I realize now that I don't really like all this quiet.

7 comments:

my rebel took over said...

Don't worry, it'll be loud enough when the girls come tearing through all those empty rooms tomorrow morning. Then you'll be asking for the quiet!

Adi said...

OH mercy, I may or may not be glad that I am not there to hear those echoes residing in my head via a headache :)

My poor Bing!

Critchlow said...

Sounds like an adventure. You'll have to take pictures of everything at the new place.

HRP said...

It's a fitting description to that bit of emptiness we all feel now that you are gone. It was good to spend some time in Rotterdam with Dad - even see your new place. I plan to be back!

blue girl said...

Now that you have left I don't know what to do. It is so weird to drive home, and get off so early. But I must admit, my mornings are wonderful.

Critchlow said...

Blue Girl? Wow. Why don't you just go with Stieger?

Where are you guys???? Mom...Dad...?

Anonymous said...

So whatever happened with staying in touch via blogger???