This last Saturday we went to Delft. This is the place where David bought the tile that was in the kitchen. This is the old church there. If is looks like it is leaning to the left, it is. We had a windy, but great day there. It was sunny so we had lunch in the square at one of the restaurants. We walked around looking at all the shops, went into one antique store. (Your dad has been doing this alot lately.) The man there had some great old Dutch tiles that where dated around 1600 to 1700. He was very friendly, spoke great English and pulled out his favorite bronze statue for David. It was very pretty and smaller than the ones in Paris. This one was only 20,000 Euros. I've always said that your dad has great taste. It was a fun trip seeing all the old, old buildings. It is close by and so expect a trip there when you all come.

This weekend we were hoping to go to Keukenhof Gardens. Kids do you remember anything at all about going there before? However, we looked at the weather and it looks like winter will still be with us this weekend. Sounds like it should be General Conference weekend. Oh, I forgot, it is. Yes there is daffodils with snow.
I lose the internet this afternoon so it will be hard to continue this great venue. I will do it again when I can. Send emails, please, to David. He forwards them on to me.
d.pond@robeco.nlThanks for keeping up with your blogs. I enjoyed reading them last night. I will go back today and try to put comments on them. Thanks also for keeping close to each other.
1 comment:
Way cool. Sometime while you are in Europe you will have to go down to Italy. I want some pictures of some towns there...specifically Canae and others. You get a nice visit to Italy- I get pics. I guess it is a fair trade :/
Post a Comment