The day finally arrived. The movers arrived today and brought all our stuff. All the furniture is placed and beds are made. Tonight will be our last night in the hotel. We are definitely hitting breakfast in the morning. David is taking tomorrow off to help with the house. We are going to Ikea and a light store. We need wardrobes and right now we have one light in the house. I think that we will also need some blinds in our bedroom. Anyone driving along the road can look right into our bedroom. (Maybe.......tickets?)jk We were given a temporary car to use for the next month of so. A Volvo. It's nice not having to buy tickets for the bus or tram. I still don't know when we will be getting our own internet hook-up. It takes so long. This may be the last post for awhile.
Speaking of posts: I have been checking all your blogs regularly and putting comments on. I have not seen this reciprocated. This was all your ideas, so you better be better on this. I need it and so does you dad. We do need feedback, just like you guys do. We enjoy so much reading about you, your activities and your families. Pictures are even better. Know that we love you all and miss you. Looking forward to turning on the picture frame.
Tuesday, April 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Congratulations on getting into the house! Hopefully you'll find some lighting tomorrow. Right now I'm picturing the two of you carrying one light around the house...."Hun, I need to use the restroom again. Do you want to join me again, or sit in the dark?"
Amy, it gets light before 6 and dark after 10pm and more light every day. I think we'll be ok, but if you want to come over and hold that light we will try to fit you in during the dark hours.
Oma, I am reading your blog too. I don't comment often, but know you have a fan base! Madison likes to see more pictures. And I think Abby and Grace would like to see more pictures of you two and not trees. Madison asks where the pictures are of Oma! Come on...if the beds are made the unpacking must be close to over... take some more pics!
Comment...comment...comment. There's three. Yes, I have seen the posts but must say that you will have to designate a name for who is writing. There is confusion as to whether it is mother cloud or father cloud.
I just trained a women from Rotterdam last week. Very pleasant and funny lady. She also held the class up- couldn't understand English to well. I think I know what your Dutch class instructors must feel like.
Not fluffy could and storm could?
Or Cirrius cloud and Contrail cloud (Ha HA!)
We can use mammatus and daddatus clouds (mammatus is a real cloud by the way! yes it means the breast cloud)
There is uncinus and aviaticus clouds (ie. the unctious and aviator)
There is a nimbostratus virga cloud but I don't think it appropriate in this case.The nacreous cloud is mother of pearl - so fitting for mom. Cirrus means lock of hair so we can't use that for dad. Maybe uniformis is more appropriate.
Or maybe we have flying cloud and fog as their monikers?
Did you just refer to your mother as breast cloud. That is so wrong.
Looks as though your getting plenty of comments here....no new posts though.
I'm glad you are getting moved in, and enjoying your new home.
I have checked this blog weekly. May has come and gone and no post. Missing you!
Post a Comment